Fieldstown 110 kV Substation
As instructed by An Bord Pleanála during the pre-application consultation process, this stand alone website has been set up to provide access to all planning documentation associated with the proposed Fieldstown substation development.
The development will comprise the following:
The Proposed Development comprises of a 110kV Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) tail-fed substation compound (Substation Site), combined with a 110kV underground cable for connection (Grid Connection) to Finglas Substation consisting of:
- A 110 kV Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) tail-fed substation compound, consisting of:
- A single storey 110kV AIS substation building (total floor area comprising circa 450m2 , height approximately 6.3m).
- Medium voltage (MV) switchgear container and switchboard total floor area comprising circa 60m2
- 110kV grid transformer and 2no. house transformers within bunded enclosures (approximately 6m high).
- Diversion of existing 38kV overhead line (OHL).
- 60MV transformer positioned within bunded enclosures (height approximately 6m).
- A shunt filter.
- Diesel generator & diesel tank.
- Twelve lightning protection masts (height approximately 20m).
- 6m high perimeter palisade fencing and post and rail (1.4m high) fencing.
- Internal separation fencing (2.6m high).
- Grid Connection consisting of:
- A 13.3 km underground 110kV cable connection to Finglas Substation to facilitate connection to national grid.
- Approximately 20 no. joint bays primarily within public roadways.
- Trenchless installation in the form of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) will be used at the following locations:
- Broadmeadow River Bridge before the junction of the R122 and R121.
- Ward River Bridge on R122.
- Under the N2 prior to entering Finglas Substation.
In addition to the above, the Proposed Development will include:
- New site entrance off the R122
- Internal access roads and car parking.
- Drainage infrastructure.
- All associated and ancillary site development works including localised alterations to the landscape.
The development has been deemed Strategic Infrastructure Development by An Bord Pleanála.
If you have any questions about Fieldstown substation, please contact the team:
Maria Eviston, Community Liaison Officer
Telephone 087 364 4274